Edeka Center Steglitz: The store that speaks like a localNovember 3, 2022
As the new anchor tenant, EDEKA has a large role to play in addressing the ambition for the modernized Forum Steglitz. To support the overall ambition of addressing ‘local needs’, Edeka would have to answer with a store concept that acts, feels and speaks to its audience, to be a positive addition to the neighborhood. In essence, the key challenge was to make Edeka Steglitz fit in like a local and to be the destination for their weekly whop. A touch of localization comes through ‘No1’, a playful reference to the mall address on Schlossstrasse, evident within gastronomy station branding & general communications throughout the store. The task for Interstore | Schweitzer was to design & execute the concept including layout, branding & communication, departments, furniture & VM.
- Implication of the Berlin dialect & typical ‘Berlinerisch’ accents in the décor & all communication tools
- Branding from A to Z including logo development, product range labelling, in-store communication & visual merchandising with a focus on the connection to the neighbourhood
- Weekly promotions are presented on the iconic ‘Litfaßsäulen’ advertising columns
- 7 ‘eat & meet’ positions with daily highlights: Golden-crispy buns from the ‘Berlin Backmeister’, the best currywurst at “Gastro No1”, having a coffee at the ‘Coffee’ Monster or a medium-rare steak freshly roasted by the butcher. The adjacent, spacious gastro lounge also offers a wonderful view of the neighbourhood
- Food venues can be accessed directly from the street via a lift, offering greater convenience for locals who just want to eat or drink on-site, grab something on their way home
- A playful & contrasted design, individually for each department